Japan travel guide




Japan Travel Guide

Japan Visas

Obviously, you will need a passport when traveling out of your motherland, and if yours is nearly expired, you should obtain a new one before you leave. Many countries won't provide you a visa if you have less than six months left on it. Also, you should be sure that there are various empty pages left on it for entrance and exit stamps; it can be a trouble to have them added on if you run out.

A good idea is to consider making a copy or two of your passport, before you leave - in case you lose this document. All visitors in Japan must possess a valid passport for the period of their stay in Japan; nevertheless only residents of some countries need to apply for a visa in advance. Visitors are obligated to transport either their passports or Alien Registration Card at all times. People that will stay for over 90 days will require having an Alien Registration Card. The chances of being asked to provide aren't easy, but if you don't have it, the deferential officers will drag you down to the nearest police station where you'll get to spend the next couple of hours explaining yourself.

Visa extensions

A Visa extension or renewal is indispensable if there is a change in your residency status or planned period of stay. It is prudent to apply for an extension almost for 2 months before your visa expires. If you intend to leave Japan temporarily, you must apply for a re-entry permit.

Working holiday visa

A working holiday visa is a special visa for young people among the age of 18 and 25 (30 in some cases), to stay in Japan for up to one year. Working holiday visa holders are allowed to work part time while staying in Japan.

Japan Embassies

Embassies of Japan in each place of the world.

Japan Customs

Import and export regulations by Japan customs.

About us | Contact us | Privacy | Legal terms | Disclaimer

© 2005 - 2020 - Japan travel guide